Friday, January 27, 2006

Because you can't, you won't, and you don't... STOP!

That's right, I'm pretty sure that I'm being Sabotaged. Here's my evidence:

Tuesday, January 23rd 10am: I am accused of not bringing all of the Fed Ex packages down to the drop box, causing missed deadlines and general panicking.
My rebuttal: All but two of the packages were brought down - why would I have left two in the bin? And the two I "forgot" were in the middle of the pile. I'm not usually that choosy when grabbing a stack of packages that I could take the first few, move some aside, take the rest and then place the packages I left aside back in the bin. Also, after I had scooped up the packages, a coworker saw the empty bin and wanted to know if I had brought everything down, I said "not yet" and added hers to the pile in my arms. This also provides me with a witness of the empty bin.

Friday, January 27th 1pm: More accusations, from the SAME SOURCE, stating that I had lost a $20,000 check.
My rebuttal: As I explained earlier this week, our check logging system is pretty sound except a certain (accusation-friendly) woman in the office does not have to sign for her checks. Because she doesn't sign for them, apparently it is my responsibility when SHE looses track of a check because she "doesn't know what [I] did with the check after I copied it." I'll tell her exactly what I did. I followed the (albeit shoddy for her) procedure of placing it back with it's original paperwork and putting it in her mailbox. I'll also add that she has lost paperwork before. Also, due to the prior accusation, she was having a pretty panicky day, maybe her head wasn't in the game.

Friday, January 27th 2:30pm: Said accuser asks why I gave her all of the wrong mail. But not in a nice way, in a "Uh, didn't you mean to give this to Denise? (holding up a rather large stack of papers).
My rebuttal: The fact that she grabbed the wrong damn mail and after realizing it was all (yes ALL) for another person, instead of checking the mailboxes again, she came to my desk to bitch at me. HONESTLY, WTF?!

My biggest frustration is that no one else in the office has come to me with these issues. No one else has any reason to say that I'm not trustworthy. Why would I always make mistakes to her downfall? Why would I only lose her things? Christ, I am ready for a drink.

On a MUCH lighter note - My replacement is coming in on Monday to start a week of training with me, and I will start my new job on February 6th. (YESSSSSAAAH!) Which means a bigger paycheck, yet a bigger boat load of problems to sort out, I'm sure. But I'm more than ready for the change in scenery.

Also, might not have computer access next week - so be patient.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger josh said...

1 week left? you definitely have to screw with the accuser!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger d$ said...

whats her name? i have your work address and am willing to send incriminating mail...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home