Wednesday, January 04, 2006

ASPA!

So - after a 4.5 day weekend, I'm wrapping up my first day at Lincoln in 2006. This year has been going pretty well so far. It was "too snowy to drive" yesterday, so my driving partner and I (she's a gem) decided to stay home, and just come in early for a while to make up the time.

Today I realized that the way to make my days here go faster is to let the work pile up. We closed the office at 2 on Friday (sweet!) and I missed yesterday so I actually had things to do today. I even had to make a To-Do list!

One of the things I had to get to today was to sort through a whole pile of "Postage Due" statements from the post office. Usually I get one or two per day, hand delivered by the mail-person, but this month - for some reason - we got a whole stack in the mail on December 30th. I had to sort through them all and assign the postage to specific people's accounts blah blah blah... but when I got to the last one, it had a sticky note that said "Please Pay ASPA!" I love it.

Events that are unfolding:

#1. A woman who just quit left work today with a ridiculous rash. Last time she was sick, it was a cough and I caught it. I hope that my skin stays safe.

#2. I am working on setting up a primary care physician for myself (since I haven't had a doctor since I was 17.) In related news, I hope that 5 year-old medical records will be suitable to be transfer to the new lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home