Wednesday, December 07, 2005

courant.com | Hoax Case Turned On Court Docket

Picture this:

I'm in the lunchroom/kitchennette, I'm about to take another bite of my Reuben sandwhich and I start crying. Why? Because I was laughing. Why? Because of the first two paragraphs of
this story from the Hartford Courant by Hilda Munoz, and Roberto Gonzalez (Courant Staff Writers.) I tried to read about Lieberman's new 'War Cabinet' but I just couldn't get into it. This one had me at "Hoax":


"Javier Rodriguez didn't want to drive to Superior Court in Danielson last Friday morning - his driver's license had been suspended. And he had already been convicted five times of failing to appear in court.

So instead of risking another arrest, he told police, he called in a series of bomb threats."


WHAT?! That's AWESOME. Roberto and Hilda used such great comedic timing in this front page piece that they deserve Dundees. The article goes on (if you really feel that you need to learn more about this case, although I think we all know how it ends) to say:

"Now Rodriguez, who was originally pulled over because of a problem with his
license plate, faces 81 years behind bars."


Because of this man's tactful procrastination technique, all (not just the 4 he called with threats) of the courthouses in the state of Connecticut were evcacuated and closed on Friday.
I'm wondering what kind of regretful, foot-in-mouth, "If I Could Turn Back Time" moments come up while being heald for $250,000 bail.
"Rodriguez, of 109 Union St., Willimantic, is charged with four counts each of terrorism, first-degree threatening, falsely reporting an incident and second-degree harassment. He is charged with a single count of criminal attempt to commit larceny by extortion, for allegedly demanding $1.5 million during one of the calls."
... because when you realize that you'll be needing to flee the country in a few hours, it's nice to have a little spending cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home