Monday, March 13, 2006

I won't apologize, I'll just explain why I'm so busy...

I work for 3 planners:

H - He's the boss, gave me UCONN tickets to two men's games, and took Sheryl and me out to lunch on Friday. He is very nice, but can get very mad if things aren't going well. Overall, I like him.

S - She needs everything yesterday. She does everything at the last minute. She gets amazingly upset when practically everything goes (suprisingly) wrong while she tries to prepare RIGHT before seeing clients. Right now (4:15pm) I'm watching her prepare for this afternoon's 4 o'clock meeting.

E - He sucks. He is old (73?), rich, works part time, has a horrible wife, and does not understand computers. He has a really nice laptop - which he totes everywhere in a weird woman's bag. He uses it like a typewriter. He doesn't save any documents, he types letters and prints them out for me to retype and put on letterhead. He has a Blackberry - which he uses to check e-mail in the car, at the store, etc. (I don't want to think of all the places one could sit and read e-mail...) After reading my e-mails, instead of writing back, he'll call instantly to let me know he got it and offer no useful response. He has a Bluetooth cellphone earpiece - which he uses to yell into while walking all over the office.

Sheryl is also an assistant. I've known her forever, she's how I got a job here (all in all a good thing, although I complain...) She has 2 sons, 19 and 23. We ride to work together sometimes and answer the morning radio trivia questions, but never call in. We take long lunches when H isn't here, and oh the gossip! Also, she always has a season-appropriate snack treat on her desk next to the bowl of WintOgreen Lifesavers. This week: JollyRancher jelly beans. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up. They are so choice.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger josh said...

dominique and i were corresponding via instant messenger the other day, and she called me "abe" by accident. i asked her if i looked like an old, bearded man to her. then, i realized i am. crap.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger d$ said...

yeah! you're back!

dont ask how i accidentally called him abe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home