Monday, June 26, 2006

No, I didn't die

a. Ch-ch-ch-changes...
Since our heartless corporate buy-out of Jefferson Pilot, a few changes have been going on. Many offices around the country have been or will be closing shortly. Departments are being moved from one coast to the other. The new company motto is "hello, future." We got really nice Leed's pens that say so. Hello, future - do you have any money you could lend me now that I have no job? Hello, future - can I call you in 25 years when I'm ready to retire and my 401(k) is all muddled from buy-outs and company changes? OK good, we'll talk then. Also, the branches that have been going through the most change now, had icecream parties the week that they announced the merger. Mental note: if Abe Lincoln (or any dead president for that matter) offers you a #1 bar, run the other way!

b. The ex is gone.
I have mixed feelings about this one. Along with the aforementioned changes, we have (gasp!) new e-mail addresses. We are now officially
firstname.lastname@lfg.com. Without the X, I think my electronic communication has lost some gusto. My boss still calles me Lex, which ads some whimsy to memos that I sign I guess. Oh impersonal place filler, I know we were only friends because my name was unconventional, but I will miss you all the same.

c. Junk mail of the month:


SanFrancisco? Flowers in hair.
Sheboygan? Lure in pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home