Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Who Moved My Chocolate?

There is a criminal at large here at Sagemark -

Compilations of witness statements, security camera footage, and tire track marks have been gathered, and we believe this is the man we are looking for:


He is wanted for pilfering chocolates and various sweet treats (caramel-filled is his favorite), public defication, not wearing a helmet, and making older women squeal, lift up their feet, and build barricades around their desks with trash bins. I can only assume he rides a motorcycle, seeing as the office is so large and the weather is warming up nicely outside.

He had been spotted on foot two weeks ago, and scurried into a cubby, a make-shift garage I'm sure. A pair of very small glasses has also been found (formed out of a large staple). Only a mouse of ill repute and a life of crime could afford to leave these behind, what with insurance rates for rodents being so high these days.

Last Thursday, I opened up my middle file drawer where I was keeping note pads and Hershey's Select chocolate box (a birthday present.) I noticed some extra brown spots on the pads, and instantly wondered if I had gone into an ambien induced eating nap and slopily left bits of chocolate in my drawer. Upon closer inspection, I discovered it was poop. Yes, mouse poop in my drawer intermingled with cardboard shavings from my very nibbled chocolate box inside of which, one caramel and peanut filled chocolate was heavily gnawed upon. After showing everyone in the office the gross (but also really cute... dee dee dee) tooth/paw marks in my chocolates, I threw out the box.

This morning, while looking for a note pad, I found some more feces. It seems that the culprit broke into my drawer once again, but upon finding that the goods were gone, he angrily pooped on everything in sight. A (very) small sketch of a mouse flicking me off was also found at the scene of the crime.

If this happens again, I will have to go to extreme measures, I'm afraid.

Consider this a warning, Mr. Mouse:

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger josh said...

ummm, laura...ok. gosh, this is embarassing...well...so awkward...i...i--





sorry i pooped in your drawer :(

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger d$ said...

laura.. this mouse should pose no problem for you... i've heard you've been known to kill mice without even trying..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home