Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Top of the mornin'

Yesterday I couldn't post. I was (get this) too busy. Mostly it was all of the mail from the "three-day-weekend" that was slowing me down. 2 things:

1. I work for financial advisors and consultants, these people work for banks and other lending companies. These companies want to get their hands on all of the money that CT has to offer (which after living here for 23 years, I've yet to see any of. Martha Stewart seems to be hoarding most of it.) In order to get the money into their accounts, the lending companies offer commissions to the financial planners, advertising material, and loads of chotchki's. For example, I have a rubber duck wearing a graduation cap and holding a diploma on my desk from AIM Investments. College funds CAN be whimsical.


Yesterday, in addition to my ridiculous mail load, every planner and some additional staff received a small box. In it was confetti, a card that said "Is your broker dealer on TOP of its game?" and, you guessed it, a top. It lights up when you spin it. Brilliant. Mug lady got one too. She was looking through her stacks of mail and saw the box. She said (quite pointedly) "What the heck is this?" -she really said "heck," as soon as she swears at me I'll have extensive words for her, which in reality will just end up here. So, anyways, I answer with "It's a top!" I smiled; everyone else had been amused by the tops so far. A few people had stolen a few for their children and I could hear them spinning on desks. Dr. Jekyll says "One that spins?" "Yes," I say sheepishly, expecting the impending explosion. "UGH!" yells Ms. Hyde as she throws it (THROWS. IT.) straight into the garbage can. I had/still have no words. She is officially the opposite of fun, happiness, and all that is good.

2. Why title my blog "Adventures with Abe?" Why not "Stinkin' Lincoln," or "Facilitate This!"? Well, because in my early explorations of my company's website I stumbled upon some gems. One might wonder where I got a color photo of Abe for my profile. That, my friends, is just the start. Abe is a man of adventure, he's not afraid to mingle with the common man at work, in leisure, or assisting in daily activities. I'll offer you a little teaser of what is to come:


"No, Former President Lincoln, it says here that you're dead. Like really dead. But I think everyone enjoys your hat. Why are you guys taking notes?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home